CHAIN FREE * IMPRESSIVE CONVERSION * SUPERB FAMILY HOME * LARGE GARAGE/WORKSHOP PLUS OUTBUILDING WITH PLANNING PERMISSION TO CONVERT *
The earliest reference to a hostelry on this plot was in 1756 and although over the years the building and façade have changed somewhat; the current property still displays many of the exterior characteristics that local residents would recognise as 'The Crown' Public House.
It has since been sensitively converted to become this stunning, five bedroom, individual home that offers historic charm with all the added benefits relevant to modern day contemporary living.
This is the perfect home for families wanting to live in a pleasant village location, yet be close to amenities including: regarded schools, a main-line station and excellent road links.
It is also worth noting that the large, detached outbuilding, (approx. 962 sq. ft.) that was once the function room, has full planning permission granted to create a fully self-contained one bedroom annexe and gym.The Property
- The accommodation is immaculately presented throughout and benefits from well-proportioned interiors. It is an ideal family home with a truly versatile layout, providing a generous 4152 sq. ft (approx.) of accommodation with several reception rooms, also excellent for entertaining.
A large and inviting reception hall leads you through to all the ground floor rooms with a further door opening to a guest cloakroom/w.c.
As with most well-designed family homes, the superb kitchen/breakfast room is the heart of this home, optimised by ensuring you are drawn into this fabulous family space by the way of natural light, predominantly created by a fabulous full width roof lantern allowing natural light to flood in. Everything you could want in a day room is here, from the beautifully fitted kitchen and large casual dining area to the adjacent dedicated, open plan snug/family area with wood burning stove. Two sets of double doors open up to reveal the striking, landscaped gardens.
The flexibility and functionality continue, with three generous reception rooms to choose from. The current owners choose to use one as a cinema room with comfortable and warm under floor heating, with another perhaps making a great playroom/family room as it has a mezzanine level accessed via a slim staircase, providing a library area. The third reception could be utilised as a more formal living or dining room as it has a welcoming open fireplace, with feature limestone surround and hearth. There is also an additional generous study room, giving the adults a home office space if so required.
The quality continues on the first floor which offers four double bedrooms and a large dressing room, which could comfortably be utilised as a bedroom again, if so required. An en-suite shower room serves the principal bedroom, and a sumptuous, four-piece family bathroom completes this floor, both with 'Fired Earth' sanitary ware.Exterior
- Ample parking is provided to the front of the house by way of a wide carriage driveway and a detached garage. A generous workshop/storage room sits to the rear.Rear Garden
- 30.49m x 22.87m (approx) (100'0" x 75'0" (approx)) - The fabulous 100' x 75' landscaped rear garden was designed by Mr. John Van-Hage, a local designer of repute, and compliments this fine home perfectly. Laid principally to lawn with well stocked borders and studded with mature shrubs and trees, there are tranquil terraces to sit and relax or enjoy outside dining. Curtesy lighting features throughout, together with an ambient lit, modern stainless steel upright water feature.Resistance Swim Spa
- Made by the renown 'Jaccuzi' brand, this 'professional grade' swim spa is set within a well designed decked area with in-built seating and a most attractive artificial 'living wall. The pool swim jet system enables you to swim against a current of water, at various speeds for leisure, training, fitness, and of course fun.Outbuilding
- 16.36m x 5.64m (53'8" x 18'6") - Another noteworthy feature of this beautiful home is the very large outbuilding, formerly the function room to the pub. This is a significant structure in its own right and lends itself to a multitude of uses. There is PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED to formally convert this into a separate one bedroom annexe and gym. (Please refer to East Hertfordshire planning reference : 3/22/0561/HHAccommodation
- Front door opening to:Reception Hall
- 4.47m x 2.26m (14'7" x 7'4") - Inviting and spacious hallway with tiled floor. Radiator. Doors off to ground floor reception rooms.Guest Cloakroom/ W.C
- Low level w.c. Vanity wash hand basin. Frosted window with bespoke wooden shutter blind. Tiled floor. Radiator.Reception One
- 5.65m x 5.22m (18'6" x 17'1") - Wide bay window to front fitted with bespoke shutter blind. Feature open fireplace with limestone surround and granite hearth. Tiled floor. Radiator.Reception Two/Cinema Room
- 5.45m x 5.47m (17'10" x 17'11") - Wide walk-in bay window to front fitted with bespoke shutter blind and further window to side aspect. Tiled floor with underfloor heating.Reception Three + Mezzanine
- 4.17m x 3.97m (13'8" x 13'0") - Two 'Velux' roof windows and part vaulted ceiling. Bi-folding doors opening onto the garden. Tiled floor. Radiator. Slim staircase up to mezzanine level which has been fitted out as a library area with built-in shelving. This room can also be accessed directly from the hallway.Study
- 3.88m x 3.72m (12'8" x 12'2") - Dual aspect windows to rear and side fitted with bespoke wooden shutter blinds. Radiator. Tiled floor.Inner Hall
- Stairs rising to the first floor. Under stairs cupboard. Part vaulted ceiling. Radiator.Superb Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- 8.94m x 4.04m (29'3" x 13'3") - Beautifully fitted with a range of cream units with complementary granite worksurfaces and matching uprisers. Inset one and a half bowl stainless steel sink. Integrated 'Miele' dishwasher. 'Rangemaster Nexus SE' range styke cooker with multi-zone induction hob. Attractive surround with integrated cooker hood and tiled splash-back. Traditional built-in dresser unit. Door opening to the 'pantry' fitted with shelving. Tiled floor. Generous area suitable for a large table and chairs, great for family get-togethers and informal dining. Two sets of double doors open up to the garden and a full length roof lantern baths the whole room in natural light.Snug Area
- 3.80m x 3.18m (12'5" x 10'5") - Off-set and open plan to the kitchen/dining room this is a super space to put your feet up and relax by the wood burning stove. Tiled floor. Radiator. Door to:Utility Room
- Fitted with wall and base units with work surfaces over. Inset stainless steel sink and drainer. Space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer. Tiled floor. Door opening to the outside.Further Cloakroom/W.C
- Low level w.c. Wall mounted wash hand basin. Extractor fan. Tiled floor.First Floor
- Landing with high level window to rear fitted with bespoke window shutter blind. Recessed linen/storage cupboard. Loft access hatch.Principal Bedroom
- 4.48m x 3.98m (14'8" x 13'0") - Window to front fitted with bespoke shutter blind. Radiator. Tiled floor. Door to:En-Suite Shower Room
- 2.28m x 2.02m (7'5" x 6'7") - Fitted with a modern white 'Fired Earth' suite. Large shower with glazed screen. Low level w.c. with concealed cistern. Attractive bowl sink set on tiled counter top. Wall mounted mirror with curtesy lighting. Complementary tiling to walls and floor. Heated towel rail. Extractor fan. Window to front with bespoke fitted shutter blind.Bedroom Two
- 4.62m x 2.67m (15'1" x 8'9") - Window to front with bespoke shutter blind. Radiator.Bedroom Three
- 3.86m x 3.28m (12'7" x 10'9") - Window to rear with bespoke shutter blind. Radiator.Bedroom Four
- 4.63m x 3.70m > 1.54m (15'2" x 12'1" > 5'0") - Window to front with bespoke shutter blind. Radiator.Bedroom Five/Dressing Room
- 3.28m x 2.29m (10'9" x 7'6") - Fitted with a range of hanging rails, shelving and drawer units. Window to rear with bespoke shutter blind. Radiator. Tiled floor. Low-level storage cupboard.Luxury Family Bathroom
- 3.47m x 1.92m (11'4" x 6'3") - Contemporary 'Fired Earth' suite. Stand alone bath with floor standing mixer tap and shower attachment. Shower cubicle with curved glazed screen. Wash basin set on wooden counter top with shelf below. Low level w.c. with concealed cistern. Heated towel rail. Complementary tiling to walls and floor. Frosted window with bespoke shutter blind.