A most attractive and substantial four/five bedroom detached family home located on an exclusive private road in Roydon, a highly desirable commuter village on the Hertfordshire/Essex borders. The property offers generous living accommodation of over 2,000 sq. ft. and is set in a beautiful mature plot of approximately a quarter of an acre with a large driveway, detached garage, car port and fabulous, well tended rear gardens.
The property has an impressive entrance hallway, spacious lounge which is open plan to the dual aspect dining room, generous kitchen/breakfast room and separate utility room. There are three double bedrooms and a shower room also occupying the ground floor, offering true versatility depending on a buyers needs. Two further bedrooms and a generous indulgent bathroom with shower and separate bath tub can be found on the first floor, which alternatively would make a fabulous principle bedroom suite with a dressing room.Location
- Roydon is a charming and popular village situated on the Hertfordshire/Essex border and is well located for the neighbouring towns of Epping and Harlow.
Grange Lane is a highly sought after private road, set just off the village centre within comfortable distance of all the local amenities that include a convenience store/post office, pharmacy, pubs/restaurants and a village primary school and overground station.
Transport links to London are excellent with Roydon station terminating at Liverpool Street.
Roydon Station (Liverpool Street - approximately 33 minutes, Cambridge approximately 55 minutes)
Epping Tube Station 8.4 miles, Stanstead Airport 20 miles.
There are several state and private schools within easy reach.Accommodation
- Front door opening to:Enclosed Entrance Porch.
- Upvc double glazed window to side. Built-in cupboard housing meters. Door to:Reception Hall
- Impressive and spacious hall with turning staircase to first floor. Under stairs cloaks cupboard. Two radiators. Coved cornice.Bedroom
- 3.94m x 3.68m (12'11" x 12'0") - Upvc double glazed window to front aspect. Radiator. Coved cornice.Bedroom
- 3.91m x 2.58m (12'9" x 8'5") - Upvc double glazed window to front aspect. Radiator. Coved cornice.Bedroom
- 3.95m x 3.10 (12'11" x 10'2") - Upvc double glazed window to side aspect and arched internal window allowing borrowed light from hall. Built-in double wardrobe cupboard. Radiator. Coved cornice.Shower Room
- Well fitted with a large shower cubicle with glazed door and screen. Low level w.c. Vanity wash hand basin with counter-top sink and drawers and cupboards below and a wall mounted illuminated bathroom mirror with courtesy lighting and shelving above. Radiator. Fully tiled walls.Living / Dining Room
- 10.03m x 3.92m (32'10" x 12'10") - Overall measurement: With carved wood open square arch sub-diving the distinct areas.Living Room Area
- 5.44m x 3.92m (17'10" x 12'10") - Two Upvc double glazed window to side aspect. Feature fireplace with wood surround and marble hearth housing electric fire suite. A most attractive, bespoke built-in cabinet with cupboards, shelves and courtesy lighting. Wall and ceiling lighting. Ornate coving. Two radiators.Dining Room Area
- 3.92m x 3.41m (12'10" x 11'2") - Lovely bright dual aspect room with Upvc window to side aspect and walk-in bay with door opening to the garden sun terrace. Ornate coving. Radiator. Door opening to kitchen/breakfast room.Kitchen / Breakfast Room
- 5.41m x 3.57m (17'8" x 11'8") - Fitted with a comprehensive range of wall, base and larder units. Complementary work surfaces with inset one and a half bowl stainless steel sink and drainer. Tiled splash-backs. Built-in oven/grill and microwave above. Integrated dish washer and tall fridge. Tiled floor. Radiator. Coved cornice. Upvc double glazed window overlooking the lovely garden and door opening onto the garden sun terrace. Door to utility room.Utility Room
- 5.04m x 1.53m (16'6" x 5'0") - Fitted with a range of base cabinets with work surface over. Inset stainless steel sink and drainer. Space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer. Space for tall freezer. Built in storage cupboards with sliding doors housing 'Potteton' gas fired boiler and water softener. Upvc part glazed door to outside.First Floor
- Landing with 'Velux' window. Built-in storage cupbaord and airing cupboard housing pre-lagged hot water cylinder.Bedroom
- 5.93m (into dormers) x 4.29m (19'5" (into dormers) - Bright and airy room with dual aspect Upvc double glazed dormer windows to front and rear. Ample storage with eaves cupboards with shelving and one with pull-out swivel television shelf. Range of bespoke hand built wardrobe cupboards with automatic courtesy lighting. Radiator. Ceiling light/fan.Bedroom/Loft Room/Dressing Room
- 3.69m x 2.70m (12'1" x 8'10") - Measured at waist height with some restricted head room. Attractive 'port-hole' window to front aspect. Radiator. This room would make an ideal children's bedroom or a dressing room to add and complement the bedroom on this floor.Bathroom
- 3.81m x 2.24m (12'5" x 7'4") - Superb bathroom comprising of a five piece suite. Tiled panel enclosed bath. Low level w.c. Bidet. Large recessed shower cubicle with glazed door. Recessed and built-in vanity wash hand basin with counter top with cupboards and drawers below. Wall mounted mirror with built-in bathroom storage either side. Shaver point. Extractor fan. Inset down-lighting. Twin 'Velux' roof windows.Exterior
- One of the main features of this lovely house is the generous plot, approaching a quarter of an acre and the lovely well tended gardens. The property is approached via a five-bar gate on brick piers that gives vehicular access to an extensive block paved driveway, providing parking for numerous vehicles. There is a detached garage to the left of the drive, plus an under-cover car port adjacent to the house on the right. To one side, attractive wrought railings and gate give access to the side garden and in turn to the rear garden.Detached Garage
- 5.95m x 3.10m (19'6" x 10'2") - Brick built under a pitch tiled roof. Up and over door (not checked) Pedestrian door and side window. Power and light connected.Rear Garden
- A fabulous garden that offers peace and tranquillity, an ideal outdoor space for the adults and children alike. To the immediate rear of the house their is a raised sun terrace, a perfect place to entertain, lunch outside in the warmer weather or just to sit and relax. Steps lead down to a central pathway with well tended lawn areas to either side. There is a variety of mature planting and shrub borders with trees providing a serene back-drop as well as privacy.
At the far rear of the garden is a pretty timber summer house and a large greenhouse. for those who like to grow their own fruit and vegetables. The gardens wrap around both side of the property, one side giving gated access to the front, the other providing a hardstanding area for a timber garden shed (which is to remain) There is also an outside water tap.
Also, accessed from the outside, is the useful workshop.Workshop
- 4.23m x 2.00m (13'10" x 6'6") - Accessed from the rear garden. Window to side aspect. Power and light connected.